Search the forum:

subject switch

When my students are playing multiplication games in the group, the subject often switches from multiplication to another subject (e.g. English). There appears to be a glitch in the website; please fix this. Also, the image of the rice accumulation on the side has glitches too.

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jkim1011jkim1011 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Team FreericeAdminTeam Freerice (Admin, Freerice) responded  · 

Hi,

The developers recently implemented a solution for this bug – it seems the cookies were being deleted due to a server overload, resulting in totals disappearing and subjects defaulting back to English Vocab.

They have since placed an expiry date on cookies for 24 hours, which they hope will resolve the matter.

Can you confirm if this is now resolved?

Team Freerice.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris salmonChris salmon commented  · 

While i've been earning rice myself tonight on multiplication,my rice as being going back and forth to English vocabulary,and also for some reason i'm getting two different totals in my rice bowl.Sometimes it affects my main total as well,could you fix this please

• edugameredugamer commented  · 

I created my own account 111/15/11 and have had the same issues - subjects switching while in the middle of playing, losing rice and totals.

• Tribble's MomTribble's Mom commented  · 

I just signed up and was doing Spanish vocabulary and it always switches back to English vocabulary. Today is 11/10, and this just happened...several times in a row. I'd be going along with Spanish words, then suddenly I was switched back to English words.

• Miss Sally PMiss Sally P commented  · 

I have experienced this glitch as well, the weird thing is that it is only half switching. For example, I was in literature, then it switched to vocabulary, then it asked me "The Butcher Boy means" with authors as the responses.

Feedback and Knowledge Base